Be A Chorister for a Day
(for girls and boys aged 7
to 16 years)
Sunday 26 June 2016
from 3.00pm till 7.00pm
26 June St Matthew’s choir will be welcoming girls and
boys who love to sing to find out more about what being
a chorister means.
The afternoon is FREE of charge, and there will be
· Meet the current choristers
· Explore the church
· Play games
· Rehearse and sing a service with the choir
At the outset of the afternoon there will be a chance
for parents to meet with the Director of Music, current
chorister parents and other representatives of the
church to find out more about the opportunities that
being a chorister provides for children.
The day will end with Choral Evensong at 6.00 pm to
which all are welcome.
Some of the benefits of choristerships include:
· Musical training from professional musicians,
including free singing lessons
· Exposure to a wide range of music
· Social interaction with peers and adults
· Training in self-discipline and the development of
· Payment for attendance at rehearsals, services and
concerts, and extra pay for weddings!
· Plenty of Fun!
All of the above benefits are FREE of charge
Over the last 3 years choristers in St Matthew’s Choir
· Sung on BBC4 TV and BBC Radio
· Visited 7 different Cathedrals to sing services
· Recorded two CDs on professional labels which are now
· Performed major choral works with professional
Children do not need to have any prior musical training
to join the choir. Why not come along and find out what
it’s all about?